• A naturally high source of essential Omega 3,6,9
• Cold Pressed Flax Oil is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and has many potential benefits for your horse
• Horses require a balance of essential fatty acids (EFA) omega-3 and omega-6 to function at optimal level. Horses cannot produce these fats in their body, they must be consumed and are therefore an essential part of the diet
• BROODMARES – Previous research has demonstrated that offering omega-3 fatty acids in the diet of mares will result in the mare cycling sooner and more consistently. This is due to an enhanced hormonal profile. It is recommended that the diet of pregnant mares should be supplemented with omega-3 fatty acids, allowing for the transfer of these beneficial fatty acids to the foal in utero.
• STALLIONS – Studies in Colorado University have shown that breeding stallions who were supplemented with the long chain omega-3 fatty acid DHA, have shown increased sperm concentration.
• SKIN CONDITION – Feeding flax oil to Horses has a beneficial effect on their appearance. The healthy skin benefits of this oil comes from the high levels of naturally occuring Omega 3 fatty acids it contains.
• HIGH PERFORMANCE HORSES – Research has demonstrated that products containing essential fatty acids (EFAs) supplemented in the diet of high performance horses. Normalises and rebalances certain prostaglandis which in turn reduce inflamation. Eliminates lactic acid readily. High performance horses depend heavily on anaerobic glycolysis for energy generation, and fatigue is most likely to result from lactic accumulation