*Please Note: Gas canisters are unable to be shipped outside of Ireland. For Mainland and international orders, jackets will come without a gas canister and you will be refunded the price of the canister*
- The Hit-Air Vest is designed as a shock buffering, stabalising system, giving added protection to the neck, spine, collar bone, lower back, rib cage and vital organs
- The neck protection is designed to decelerate the neck in the event of a fall, significantly reducing the possibility of hyper-extension and whiplash
- The Hit-Air Vest is the only air vest on the market which has rib cage air bags, helping to protect both ribs and vital organs
- The patented design, allows the lower back protection to be neatly folded away, so that it does not interfere with the saddle
- The vest inflates outwards (rather than inwards) so there is no possibility of the rider being winded by the inflation process
- The Hit-Air vest compliments all types of body protectors
- The Hit-Air Vest can be worn on its own, giving considerably more protection to the rider on inflation than riding without protection
- The inflation rate of the air vests if approximately 0.25 seconds
- The canister and key ball are enclosed to protect the mechanism from dirt in the event of a fall
How does the system work?
- A saddle strap is attached firmly to the stirrup bars, the air vest is attached to the saddle strap by a lanyard, the inflation is activated when the rider becomes detached from the horse and the lanyard is pulled from the key ball mechanism, this pierces the CO2 canister
How does the air vest deflate again?
- The vest has a valve which allows the air vest to slowly deflate after it has inflated, the deflation process can be speeded up significantly by unscrewing the canister, the canister needs to be replaced once the vest has been inflated
Do i need to wear the vest with a body protector?
- Air Vests must be worn with an approved BETA level 3 body protector in BE or FEI competitions, when otherwise you would not wear a body protector, the Hit-Air vest can be worn on its own. Ultimate protection is provided by wearing an air vest and body protector. There is no body protector/air bag combination that will protect from injury in all circumstances, choosing airbag technology helps to significantly minimise the risks
How do i fit my Hit-Air vest?
- Clever internal straps allow the vest to be worn snuggly over the body but can be expanded so that the vest can also fit neatly over the body protector and or jackets and coats
- Jacket comes complete with canister, lanyard and saddle strap
- Colour: Black